- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Redskins notes: Orakpo sits out what could have been his final game with team
Another milestone for Garcon
Wide receiver Pierre Garcon caught six passes against the Giants. He became the third player in NFL history to record at least five receptions in all 16 games of a season since the adoption of the 16-game schedule in 1978, joining Jacksonville’s Jimmy Smith (2001) and Pittsburgh’s Antonio Brown (this season).
Offensive guard Kory Lichtensteiger said he sprained the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) in his left knee with 1:31 left in the fourth quarter and was replaced by Adam Gettis. Meanwhile, defensive end Jarvis Jenkins was tested for a concussion. Jenkins was adamant that he didn’t have a concussion, but said the referee made him leave the game to get checked after hearing teammates ask if he was okay following a second-quarter play.
Morgan sits again
Morgan’s effort in recent games has been questioned by the coaching staff, and there was perhaps no better indication of his lack of motivation than on his 12-yard kickoff return in the fourth quarter of the game against the Cowboys, when he leisurely strolled out of bounds.
Fullback Darrel Young, who has been hampered by a strained hamstring for the last six weeks, played on Sunday. So, too, did outside linebacker Ryan Kerrigan, who sustained an unspecified wrist injury last week.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Finally, Evgeny Kuznetsov arrives in town to try his hand in the NHL
- Caps sign prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov to entry-level contract
- Nationals have at least two years - and maybe more - to enjoy Ian Desmond
- Caps GM George McPhee: On trade deadlines and team chemistry
- Now a Capital, Jaroslav Halak will try to make new memories for D.C. fans
Latest Blog Entries
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again