- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
‘Duck Dynasty’ characters sparked baby name trend for 2013
Some of the biggest baby names of 2013 were inspired by the reality stars on A&E's "Duck Dynasty," the Daily Mail reported.
Of the key characters on the show, the name Korie, who is Willie Robertson's wife and business partner, increased by 89 percent and the name Mia, Missy Robertson's daughter, was up 44 percent, the report said.
Phil, Sadie and Silas were up 32, 23 and 15 percent, respectively.
"Duck Dynasty" centers around the lives of the Robertson family, who became wealthy from their family-operated business, Duck Commander, operated in West Monroe, Louisiana. The show has been hailed for its wholesome family entertainment and American values.
Variations of the name Kay, Phil Robertson's wife, also crop up in the top 100 girls' list for 2013, with Kaylee at number 19 and Kayla at number 87, the Daily Mail reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jon Corzine's son, Jeffrey, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer 'apeish'
- 'Frustrated' Mark Zuckerberg blasts Obama administration over privacy
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Colin Powell: I took selfies before they were cool
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Senators deluged by complaints void 2-year-old flood insurance plan before 10-day break
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again