- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
Federal judge set to decide Obamacare battle over subsidies
“Everyone assumed that the states would take the deal,” Mr. Carvin said.
Mr. McElvain ticked off a litany of interlocking parts of the law and agency functions that he said would make little sense unless Congress meant all eligible Americans who get insurance through the exchanges could get subsidies.
“Always a difficult job,” Judge Friedman said.
The judge gave no clear indication of when he would rule, but attorneys said they expected a decision by the end of the year.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- House GOP sees favoritism in how Obamacare is rolled out
- Sen. Marco Rubio says Dems are angling for single-payer health care: report
- Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad wields big lead over likely Democratic opponent
- Sen. Chris Murphy will parlay Obama's foray into Web comedy into a formal floor speech
- Obamacare 3 million shy of target — with 19 days left to sign up
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Female TSA officers say pat-down duty leads to workplace discrimination
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again