• 81 percent say protecting the jobs of American workers is a top policy priority.
• 73 percent say preventing the spread of weapons of mass destruction is a top priority.
• 61 percent say reducing dependence on imported energy sources is a top priority.
• 57 percent cite combatting international drug trafficking, 48 percent cite reducing illegal immigration.
• 37 percent cite addressing global climate change, 33 percent cite defending human rights in other countries.
• 23 percent cite improving living standards overseas, 18 percent cite promoting democracy in other nations.
Source: Pew Research Center’s “America’s Place in the World” survey of 2,003 U.S. adults conducted Oct. 30 to Nov. 6 and released Tuesday.
• Tough talk, maudlin sentiments to jharperwashingtontimes.com.