- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
Royce camp: GOP Rep. never filed to run in wrong district
The re-election campaign of Rep. Ed Royce, California Republican, is pushing back on a report from the Sacramento Bee that Mr. Royce filed to run for re-election in the wrong congressional district last week.
The Bee reported the Mr. Royce filed a statement of candidacy that listed the 40th Congressional District — one that he represented during the 2000s — instead of the current, redrawn 39th he’s represented since 2012.
But Mr. Royce’s campaign on Monday called the report “erroneous,” said that it’s not even possible to file an official declaration of candidacy in California until Feb. 10, 2014, and that the paperwork the newspaper refers to is unrelated to a candidate’s filing for office.
“The document mentioned was not, and could not be, an official declaration of candidacy but was instead a routine, financial disclosure statement for a fundraising committee based in Virginia in which a staff member made a typographical error,” the campaign said in a statement. “Representative Royce looks forward to filing his official declaration of candidacy in the 39th district.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Michael Bloomberg charts $50M challenge to NRA: 'Got to make them afraid'
- McAuliffe's PAC off to fast start, with $254,000 raised in two weeks
- Virginia Republican Bob Marshall stands by remarks that raise eyebrows
- Obama urged to enforce ban on importing military-style firearms
- Va. Senate approves Medicaid expansion, but budget stands no chance in House
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014