- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Five years on, no hope or change
President Obama was elected on his “hope and change” mantra and promises of transparency and bipartisanship. After five years, these pledges have been proven to be nothing more than false hype.
Mr. Obama’s policies have improved neither the economy nor the unemployment numbers. They have instead put more burdens on the middle class, giving it higher taxes, higher energy costs both directly and indirectly, and higher prices for everyday needs.
The daily unconstitutional changes for Obamacare sign-up are a reflection of an incompetent president and administration. The Republican House’s bills to delay the individual mandate were rejected. The near-daily unconstitutional executive orders Mr. Obama uses to delay are a disservice to patients and insurance companies alike. The nine-hour-plus waiting period for sign-up still leaves uncertainty where coverage is concerned — and if you think this is bad, look forward to waiting weeks or months to see a physician. We must stop Obamacare now.
Recently, First Lady Michelle Obama said we should support the military and military families. Perhaps she should tell her husband this, because his policies have hamstrung the military. Such moves have included delay in the Afghanistan surge, early troop withdrawals in Iraq and Afghanistan, and rules of engagement that have cost lives and left many with severe injuries. Other policies reduce pay, benefits and other perks to these volunteers who risk their lives. All the while, Mr. Obama provides funding for undeserving supporters and other groups.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Get Breaking Alerts
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same