- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Five years on, no hope or change
President Obama was elected on his “hope and change” mantra and promises of transparency and bipartisanship. After five years, these pledges have been proven to be nothing more than false hype.
Mr. Obama’s policies have improved neither the economy nor the unemployment numbers. They have instead put more burdens on the middle class, giving it higher taxes, higher energy costs both directly and indirectly, and higher prices for everyday needs.
The daily unconstitutional changes for Obamacare sign-up are a reflection of an incompetent president and administration. The Republican House’s bills to delay the individual mandate were rejected. The near-daily unconstitutional executive orders Mr. Obama uses to delay are a disservice to patients and insurance companies alike. The nine-hour-plus waiting period for sign-up still leaves uncertainty where coverage is concerned — and if you think this is bad, look forward to waiting weeks or months to see a physician. We must stop Obamacare now.
Recently, First Lady Michelle Obama said we should support the military and military families. Perhaps she should tell her husband this, because his policies have hamstrung the military. Such moves have included delay in the Afghanistan surge, early troop withdrawals in Iraq and Afghanistan, and rules of engagement that have cost lives and left many with severe injuries. Other policies reduce pay, benefits and other perks to these volunteers who risk their lives. All the while, Mr. Obama provides funding for undeserving supporters and other groups.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters