- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Five years on, no hope or change
President Obama was elected on his “hope and change” mantra and promises of transparency and bipartisanship. After five years, these pledges have been proven to be nothing more than false hype.
Mr. Obama’s policies have improved neither the economy nor the unemployment numbers. They have instead put more burdens on the middle class, giving it higher taxes, higher energy costs both directly and indirectly, and higher prices for everyday needs.
The daily unconstitutional changes for Obamacare sign-up are a reflection of an incompetent president and administration. The Republican House’s bills to delay the individual mandate were rejected. The near-daily unconstitutional executive orders Mr. Obama uses to delay are a disservice to patients and insurance companies alike. The nine-hour-plus waiting period for sign-up still leaves uncertainty where coverage is concerned — and if you think this is bad, look forward to waiting weeks or months to see a physician. We must stop Obamacare now.
Recently, First Lady Michelle Obama said we should support the military and military families. Perhaps she should tell her husband this, because his policies have hamstrung the military. Such moves have included delay in the Afghanistan surge, early troop withdrawals in Iraq and Afghanistan, and rules of engagement that have cost lives and left many with severe injuries. Other policies reduce pay, benefits and other perks to these volunteers who risk their lives. All the while, Mr. Obama provides funding for undeserving supporters and other groups.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class