- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Five years on, no hope or change
Question of the Day
President Obama was elected on his “hope and change” mantra and promises of transparency and bipartisanship. After five years, these pledges have been proven to be nothing more than false hype.
Mr. Obama’s policies have improved neither the economy nor the unemployment numbers. They have instead put more burdens on the middle class, giving it higher taxes, higher energy costs both directly and indirectly, and higher prices for everyday needs.
The daily unconstitutional changes for Obamacare sign-up are a reflection of an incompetent president and administration. The Republican House’s bills to delay the individual mandate were rejected. The near-daily unconstitutional executive orders Mr. Obama uses to delay are a disservice to patients and insurance companies alike. The nine-hour-plus waiting period for sign-up still leaves uncertainty where coverage is concerned — and if you think this is bad, look forward to waiting weeks or months to see a physician. We must stop Obamacare now.
Recently, First Lady Michelle Obama said we should support the military and military families. Perhaps she should tell her husband this, because his policies have hamstrung the military. Such moves have included delay in the Afghanistan surge, early troop withdrawals in Iraq and Afghanistan, and rules of engagement that have cost lives and left many with severe injuries. Other policies reduce pay, benefits and other perks to these volunteers who risk their lives. All the while, Mr. Obama provides funding for undeserving supporters and other groups.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops