- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Liar of the year times three
Question of the Day
Just in case there’s any acolyte of President Obama who still refuses to believe his own eyes and ears, this month has seen two more confirmations from nonadversarial sources that our commander in chief is a habitual liar.
First, PolitiFact, a joint project of the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times and Congressional Quarterly, gave its “Pants on Fire / Lie of the Year” award to President Obama for his oft-repeated incantation “If you like your health insurance plan, you can keep it. Period. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period.”
Then, the liberal Washington Post — usually an ardent Obama supporter — not only agreed that this was the year’s biggest lie, but that two more of Mr. Obama’s four-Pinocchio whoppers (one for lying about the effects of the sequestration on D.C. janitors’ pay, the other for claiming that “the day after Benghazi happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism”) were among the year’s five biggest mendacities.
Sadly, not even this evidence will convince the dedicated Obama Kool-Aid drinkers. Worse, there’s no longer a practical remedy available to the electorate taken in by his repeated deceptions during both of his presidential campaigns. There’s only the opportunity to take away his ability to do any further mischief by voting his supporters in the House and Senate out of office in the 2014 midterm elections.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Get Breaking Alerts
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?