- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Arizona routs B.C. in battle of top running backs
“We had to execute at a high level and we failed to do that at certain points.” Williams said.
The Eagles’ secondary struggled to contain Arizona’s receivers, who repeatedly found space in the defense. Boston College’s Alex Amidon caught 10 passes for 129 yards and Nate Freese made field goals from 32 and 41 yards to cap a 20-for-20 season.
Both teams took to the air early. Denker completed 8 of 12 passes for 145 yards in the first half. Griffey’s two touchdowns were the first of his career.
Boston College looked much less comfortable throwing. Chase Rettig tossed two first-half interceptions, including one that William Parks returned 69 yards for a touchdown.
“As I was running I heard the crowd getting real loud,” Parks said. “So I said ‘Oh man, I must have done something really good.’”
Denker was selected game’s Most Valuable Player on offense, and Parks took defensive honors.
Carey had 116 of his 169 yards rushing in the second half. The Wildcats pushed ahead 28-6 early in the third quarter after a long drive ended with Carey’s second touchdown — a 5-yard run up the middle.
“(Denker) started making unbelievable plays downfield and with his feet, and then everything came open for me,” Carey said.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again