- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
HURT: Romney grandchild latest victim of racist media
Question of the Day
And while they are quick to cover crimes where it appears that whites (or a Hispanic neighborhood watchman) have targeted blacks, they desperately avoid covering crimes where blacks appear to have targeted whites.
In Charlottesville two weeks ago, a marauding gang of three black thugs targeted a white couple enjoying a little pre-Christmas revelry on the downtown mall. They savagely beat the man and punched the woman when she begged for mercy and threw open her purse for them to take cash.
The “Clockwork Orange”-style savagery was interrupted only long enough for the beastly droogs to laugh and joke and bro-hug over their ongoing conquest. Then back to the old ultraviolence.
Though the woman snapped numerous pictures of the violent criminals, the Charlottesville police did little to investigate. Finally, after more than a week, the alternative weekly in the city wrote a story. Only then did the rest of the media follow suit and the police promise to investigate.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the violent criminals remained at large, perhaps seeking their next victim.
• Charles Hurt can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Twitter at @charleshurt.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world