- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Leadership doesn’t entail coercion
The president was invited to speak at the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg address on Nov. 19, but he declined — even though he had used Lincoln’s name many times in speeches when running for president. Mr. Obama was also invited to speak at several fundraisers for politicians in California on Nov. 25, and those he accepted.
The helicopter flight to Gettysburg would have taken 20 minutes and a few hours out of his day. The 3,000-mile trip to California involved Air Force One and took at least the entire day, not to mention spending the taxpayers’ money required to make such a trip.
On the day of the Fort Hood massacre in Texas, the American people kept being notified that the president would address the nation about what had happened. When he finally came on TV, the first thing Mr. Obama said was that he wanted “to give a shout out” to Dr. Joe Medicine Crow. Only after the applause and yelling quieted down did he start talking about the massacre of 13 people.
It is obvious the man didn’t care about anything other than his own desires. His polished acting skills allow him to go from jubilant to somber in a flash.
Mr. Obama uses and abuses the highest elected office in our government, is not concerned at all about the will of the American people or our Constitution, and keeps pushing his own agenda on the people, whether we like it or not.
The presidency equals leadership, and authoritarianism equals dictatorship. At present, we seem to be leaning toward the latter.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers