- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Ron Paul: CIA spying is a result of a distrustful, big government
- Mike Huckabee: Opposing abortion is ‘how we save this republic’
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
Thursday night snoozer: Texans at Jaguars
If you don’t have the NFL Network on your TV system this week, that might be a good thing. It would be difficult to come up with a worse matchup than Jacksonville hosting Houston.
Because every team must play a Thursday game under NFL scheduling rules, this AFC South snoozer is on the docket. The loser will have the inside track to the top overall draft pick next spring, particularly if it’s Houston (2-10, No. 32 in the AP Pro32). The Texans are the only team with just two wins.
Jacksonville (3-9, No. 29 AP Pro32) has won three of its last four after starting 0-8 but is a 3-point underdog to a team that has dropped a franchise-record 10 straight games.
“It’s the NFL. You’re going to win or lose each week,” Jaguars receiver Cecil Shorts said after hearing belittling comments from vanquished opponents. “You’ve got to bring your best that week. For us, we’re getting better. We’ve been 3-1 since the bye week, so if they’ve got a problem with it, come see us. That’s how I feel about it.”
Here’s how we feel about it:
No. 12 Dallas (pick-em) at No. 16 Chicago, Monday night
What’s more dangerous than trusting Dallas? How about making Cowboys the best bet?
BEST BET: COWBOYS, 33-30
No. 28 Oakland (plus 2 1/2) at No. 23 New York Jets
Don’t think Jets should be favored over anybody.
UPSET SPECIAL: RAIDERS, 14-6
No. 3 (tie) Carolina (plus 4) at No. 5 New Orleans
Angry Saints get some home cooking to soothe them.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Redskins' secondary holes remain unfilled amid NFL free-agent frenzy
- F-35 secrets now showing up in chinas stealth fighter
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Ukrainian PM accuses Putin of wanting war
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again