- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
George Mason suspends player for stepping on opponent
George Mason has suspended Anali Okoloji after the junior forward stepped on an opposing player during the Patriots’ loss to South Florida.
Coach Paul Hewitt said Thursday that Okoloji’s actions were “inexcusable and not what we expect from a George Mason student-athlete.”
Hewitt did not specify the length of the suspension but says it will include Sunday’s game against Oklahoma in the BB&T Classic.
Okoloji was involved in the momentum-shifting sequence in the second half of Wednesday night’s 68-66 loss. South Florida’s Anthony Collins was tripped from behind by Okoloji near the foul line, then was stepped on by Okoloji as Okoloji’s momentum took him down the court. Okoloji was whistled for both a personal and a technical foul.
Okoloji has appeared in eight games this season, averaging 2.4 points.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.