- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
That’s a lot of burgers from the dollar menu. A couple from Tennessee, Stacye Terry and her husband Greg, recently made an order at their local McDonald's drive-through and inadvertently left with a bag filled with cash.
Due to a mistake by an employee, a bag packed with thousands of dollars in it that was meant for a bank ended up in the Terry family’s hands, a local station reported.
“My husband opened the bag and discovered the money inside,” Mrs. Terry said. “He said, ‘You are not going to believe this.’ Sure enough, it was their bank deposit money.”
Keeping the money was never an option for Mrs. Terry.
“The second that he said it was their deposit, my first thing was let’s get in the truck and take it back,” she said. “There is no other way to have it. I couldn’t live with myself.”
A “visibly shaken” McDonald's employee who realized the error was able to track down the Terry family as they drove home.
“It could have been anybody” with the money, Mrs. Terry said.
In response, Phil Gray, the McDonald's owner and operator issued a statement: “We are grateful for this customer and the action they took upon realizing our error. We are looking into why this mistake happened, but what is most important to us is knowing that we are part of a community with the values that were evidenced by this person’s actions.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: 'I hope you die in prison'
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Attacks, rapes and forced conversions to Islam spike for Egypt's Christian women: report
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.