- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
With future in doubt, Mike Shanahan says he wants to stay with Redskins
Question of the Day
And, Shanahan vowed, he’s not giving up on his players.
“As I shared with our football team, they know that they’re going to get my best shot over the next three games and I’m hoping I get their best shot over the next three games,” Shanahan said. “Our goal is to win the next three, starting with Atlanta, and we get a chance at two NFC East foes here — Dallas and on the road against the Giants — and hopefully, we can end the season on a positive note.”
NOTES:Shanahan confirmed running back Evan Royster will be placed on injured reserve after sustaining a high left ankle sprain early in the second quarter on Sunday. Royster had played in 10 games this season, but only in the last three games had he assumed any role on offense. He had two carries for zero yards and one catch for four yards.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Anthony Rendon not an All-Star, but he's been Nats' MVP
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- Wizards' Otto Porter, Glen Rice Jr. hoping for big splash on small stage
- Identity crisis: The death of the legible autograph
- Quicken Loans National notes: Tourney dates, course set to change
Latest Blog Entries
Democrats reveal an identity crisis by pretending to be what they're not
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- QADER: Extradite the assassin of Bangladesh's founding father
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs