- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
HARRIS: Redskins left in limbo over $7 million question
Question of the Day
Michael Phillips of the Richmond Times-Dispatch was on 106.7 The Fan on Monday morning and he called it a $7 million game of chicken. We can’t say it any better.
Not acceptable under any circumstances.
Ideally, what will happen is Snyder and Shanahan will meet and meet soon. Maybe this week. Snyder will say go now, immediately and I’ll pay you half of next year’s salary and you’ll like it. If you don’t, you’ll be 200 years old before you collect a penny because I’ll sue you for breach of contract. The only evidence I’ll need is tape of these last few games.
Shanahan will say thanks and pack up his office again. He said during his Monday press conference it wouldn’t take long. All he has in there are two notebooks and an iPad. He’ll move on to whatever is next.
Someone will be named interim coach; it doesn’t really matter who at this point. Jim Haslett? Raheem Morris? Bobby Turner? Pick one out of a hat, play the final three weeks — hopefully with a little effort — and then go about the business of finding the next coach who says he can handle Snyder’s meddling only to find out a few years later he can’t.
That would be the easiest and best way to clean up the current mess. But let’s take our next Jeopardy! turn and take Predictable for $2,000.
Answer: The franchise that never makes it easy.
Question: What is the Redskins?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Washington Times sports editor Mike Harris has more than 30 years experience in the business as a reporter, columnist and manager. He’s covered a wide variety of events including two Olympics, horse racing, auto racing, professional and college sports. E-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the section on Twitter @WashTimesSports.
- HARRIS: Break but don't bend? Bryce Harper quandary rears its head again for Nats
- HARRIS: Offseason nothing to look forward to for Caps or Wizards
- HARRIS: D.C. not yet spellbound by Wizards, but they're no illusion
- HARRIS: Echoes of 1978 NBA champs in these Wizards
- HARRIS: Wizards have moved to head of D.C.'s class
Latest Blog Entries
- Gio Gonzalez living a dream by throwing bullpen sessions to ex-Yankee Jorge Posada
- Meet Connor Carrick, the youngster who played his way onto the Caps' final roster
- Go Aggies: Nationals notes and lineups for Sept. 14
- RG3: There is no conflict with Redskins coach Mike Shanahan
- Sunday Nats-Dodgers lineups and some thoughts from reliever Craig Stammen
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Afghan who killed three U.S. Marines in 2012 to serve over 7-year prison sentence
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'economic patriotism' means higher taxes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq