- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
NYC’s Grand Central Station celebrates 100th birthday
Question of the Day
Ex-New York Mets’ Keith Hernandez characterized it as “New York’s other great playing field,” according to The Associated Press.
Metropolitan Transportation Authority interim executive director Tom Prendergast, meanwhile, called it the city’s version of a town square, the report continued. What is it? New York City’s Grand Central terminal, an iconic facility located at the hub of city happenings, in midtown Manhattan.
And its 100th birthday is Friday.
New Yorkers are celebrating, with music, public addresses and a cake shaped like the famous clock that greets concourse visitors.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obamacare glitch: GAO finds fake IDs will get you covered
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: 'I'm not overly partisan'
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- Obama's 'Katrina moment' leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- 'Operation Normandy' set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to 'stop an invasion'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq