- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
South Africa’s new big-money tournament on hold
Question of the Day
PORT ELIZABETH, SOUTH AFRICA (AP) - The South African golf tournament claiming to be among the richest anywhere outside the United States and a challenger to some of the world’s top events has been indefinitely postponed.
Organizers said Friday that the Tournament of Hope, which was to have prize money of $8.5 million, won’t take place in November as planned and has been “put on hold for the foreseeable future” after failing to secure sponsorship.
South Africa’s Sunshine Tour says that it has been “unable to fulfill the expectations of potential sponsors for various reasons beyond its control” and the weakening of the South African currency “added more pressure to the budget.”
Sunshine Tour executive director Selwyn Nathan says “it is deeply regrettable that we have had to take this decision.”
The Tournament of Hope was sanctioned by the International Federation of PGA Tours, though it did not receive World Golf Championships status. It was to be the centerpiece of a proposed worldwide AIDS awareness effort.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors