- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Isabelle Huppert: French actress takes on role of mother superior in ‘The Nun’
Question of the Day
BERLIN (AP) — A new adaptation of writer Denis Diderot’s 18th-century novel “The Nun” is making its debut at the Berlin International Film Festival, featuring French star Isabelle Huppert as a convent’s mother superior.
The movie, directed by Guillaume Nicloux, is one of 19 competing for the Berlin festival’s top Golden Bear honor.
The story centers on a young woman, played by Belgian actress Pauline Etienne, forced by her family to enter a convent, where she suffers harassment.
Miss Huppert’s long list of credits includes “The Piano Player” and “Madame Bovary.”
She said ahead of the new film’s premiere Sunday that her latest role offered the challenge of avoiding caricature.
“It was very easy to go behind the caricature,” she said. “She’s a superior mother, but she has nothing superior.”
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world