- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
KELLY CLARKSON, GRAMMY IDOL
Question of the Day
Kelly Clarkson had the best acceptance speech of the night, at least according to Pink.
“Congrats to Kelly Clarkson for the award and that loveable speech,” tweeted Pink. “You made me laugh. Can’t wait to hear that song with Miguel.”
After winning the trophy for pop vocal album, a nervous Clarkson rambled during her acceptance speech, apologizing for taking so long to come on stage and appealing to R&B singer Miguel to collaborate.
“Miguel, I don’t know who the hell you are, but we need to sing together,” she said.
Clarkson later posted a photo of herself and Miguel backstage on Instagram.
The original “American Idol” champion returned to the stage to perform and present the best country album.
After she flubbed winner Zac Brown’s name and instead said Zach Braff, the “Scrubs” star tweeted Clarkson: “THANK YOU! My second GRAMMY!!!!”
Braff won the compilation soundtrack Grammy in 2005 for his film “Garden State.”
_ Derrik J. Lang _ Twitter: http://twitter.com/derrikjlang
EDITOR’S NOTE _ Show Bits brings you the 55th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors