- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Lowry earns last spot in Match Play
PEBBLE BEACH, CALIF. (AP) - Shane Lowry got into the Match Play Championship by the slimmest of margins, all because of a birdie putt thousands of miles away from his home in Ireland.
Patrick Reed holed a 12-foot birdie putt on the last hole Sunday at Pebble Beach for a two-way tie for seventh with Fredrik Jacobson. That meant Jacobson moved up only to No. 66 by 0.0002 points behind Lowry.
Sunday was the final day to qualify for the 64-man field on Feb. 20-24 in Arizona. The top 65 are eligible because Phil Mickelson has said he would not be playing.
Richard Sterne qualified earlier Sunday by winning the Joburg Open in South Africa, going from No. 94 to No. 55.
The seeds will not be determined until after next week’s tournaments.
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes