- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
SHOW BITS: Dealing and dissing at the Grammys
KIMBRA WAS THE CHARM
After Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” won the Grammy for best pop duo/group performance, he revealed that Kimbra wasn’t his first, or even his second, choice for the song.
He had already gone through two female singers for the track and was waiting on another vocalist when “she called out.”
“I built so much expectation with that vocalist that I was feeling a little crushed,” he said backstage after collecting the Grammy.
It came down to Kimbra to sing on the song that was recorded in her apartment. It was last year’s biggest hit.
As for the unnamed singer, Gotye said she makes wonderful music on her own and “shouldn’t be mad.”
Gotye also won the Grammy for best alternative music album for “Making Mirrors.”
_ Mesfin Fekadu _ Twitter http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin
QUICKQUOTE: FRANK OCEAN
“I have to perform tonight so the wheels are constantly spinning. You can’t really just sit in your seat and take it all in.” Frank Ocean on his expectations for the Grammy Awards.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://twitter.com/bethharrisap
QUICKQUOTE: FLORENCE WELCH
“I have to keep brushing mine down.” _ Florence Welch on the green sequins on her Grammy Awards dress.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.