- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
SHOW BITS: Katy and Justin as Grammy outsiders
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Show Bits brings you the 55th annual Grammy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
KEEP ON BIEBVIN’
Justin Bieber can’t catch a break.
Not only was the superstar singer not nominated for a Grammy, but a Ustream session that Bieber launched at the same time as the ceremony Sunday to answer questions from fans crashed because it was overloaded. The technical snafu immediately began trending on Twitter, inspiring such popular hashtags as (hash)ThankYouForTryingJustin and (hash)JustinUseRedTube.
Bieber tweeted to fans that “livestream is over capacity it not letting me in the room.” He apparently couldn’t overcome the blunder and later promised to upload a video.
_ Derrik J. Lang _ Twitter: http://twitter.com/derrikjlang
QUICKQUOTE: KATY PERRY
“I was never even nominated in this category, and I have my own eyelash line.” _ Katy Perry presenting the Grammy Awards’ best new artist category.
_ Sandy Cohen _ http://www.twitter.com/APSandy .
RICK ROSS WORKS IT
Rick Ross is a businessman as much as he is a rapper.
“There’s a lot of networking to be done here,” he said on the red carpet at Sunday’s Grammy Awards, adding he had already done “three or four deals.”
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014