- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
SHOW BITS: What? .fun not young, Adele not cool?
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Show Bits brings you the 55th annual Grammy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
ADELE: NO TIME TO BE COOL
Adele says she’s been so busy singing nursery rhymes to her new baby son that “I don’t really remember what’s cool and what’s not.”
Still, she was cool enough to add another Grammy to last year’s six-award sweep when she won Sunday night for pop vocal performance for “Set Fire to the Rain (Live).”
That may have to hold her for a while.
She’s set to perform her Golden Globe-winning song from the James Bond film “Skyfall” at the Oscars in a couple weeks, and says she’s been so busy she’s had little time to work on her new album.
“I’m not very far along at all,” Adele confessed backstage at the Grammy Awards. “I’ve been out of the loop really.”
_ Sandy Cohen _ http://www.twitter.com/APSandy
QUICKQUOTE: NATE RUESS
“I don’t know what I was thinking writing the chorus for this song. If this is in HD, everybody can see our faces, and we are not very young.” _ fun. lead singer Nate Ruess as the band accepted the song of the year Grammy for “We Are Young.”
_ Sandy Cohen _ http: http://www.twitter.com/APSandy
GRAMMYS DON’T WAIT FOR ANYONE
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.