- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on kissing boy,
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Creator of ‘Selfies at Funerals’ blog retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
SHOW BITS: What? .fun not young, Adele not cool?
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Show Bits brings you the 55th annual Grammy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
ADELE: NO TIME TO BE COOL
Adele says she’s been so busy singing nursery rhymes to her new baby son that “I don’t really remember what’s cool and what’s not.”
Still, she was cool enough to add another Grammy to last year’s six-award sweep when she won Sunday night for pop vocal performance for “Set Fire to the Rain (Live).”
That may have to hold her for a while.
She’s set to perform her Golden Globe-winning song from the James Bond film “Skyfall” at the Oscars in a couple weeks, and says she’s been so busy she’s had little time to work on her new album.
“I’m not very far along at all,” Adele confessed backstage at the Grammy Awards. “I’ve been out of the loop really.”
_ Sandy Cohen _ http://www.twitter.com/APSandy
QUICKQUOTE: NATE RUESS
“I don’t know what I was thinking writing the chorus for this song. If this is in HD, everybody can see our faces, and we are not very young.” _ fun. lead singer Nate Ruess as the band accepted the song of the year Grammy for “We Are Young.”
_ Sandy Cohen _ http: http://www.twitter.com/APSandy
GRAMMYS DON’T WAIT FOR ANYONE
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow