- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
SHOW BITS: What? .fun not young, Adele not cool?
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Show Bits brings you the 55th annual Grammy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
ADELE: NO TIME TO BE COOL
Adele says she’s been so busy singing nursery rhymes to her new baby son that “I don’t really remember what’s cool and what’s not.”
Still, she was cool enough to add another Grammy to last year’s six-award sweep when she won Sunday night for pop vocal performance for “Set Fire to the Rain (Live).”
That may have to hold her for a while.
She’s set to perform her Golden Globe-winning song from the James Bond film “Skyfall” at the Oscars in a couple weeks, and says she’s been so busy she’s had little time to work on her new album.
“I’m not very far along at all,” Adele confessed backstage at the Grammy Awards. “I’ve been out of the loop really.”
_ Sandy Cohen _ http://www.twitter.com/APSandy
QUICKQUOTE: NATE RUESS
“I don’t know what I was thinking writing the chorus for this song. If this is in HD, everybody can see our faces, and we are not very young.” _ fun. lead singer Nate Ruess as the band accepted the song of the year Grammy for “We Are Young.”
_ Sandy Cohen _ http: http://www.twitter.com/APSandy
GRAMMYS DON’T WAIT FOR ANYONE
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again