- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
SHOW BITS: What? .fun not young, Adele not cool?
Question of the Day
The Grammy Awards show started at 8 p.m. EST. Not at 8:05 or 8:07 or 8:10
The late-arriving celebrity crowd quickly learned that fact when they were kept in a vestibule with all the regular folks until the first commercial break. Only then were they allowed to take their seats.
That meant Drake, Jenna Jameson and Tito Ortiz had to cool their heels while Taylor Swift opened the show with her exuberant performance of “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
The waiting continued as host LL Cool J greeted the audience and on through Ed Sheeran and Elton John’s performance.
The stars’ handlers did manage to move them to the front of the line that was waiting to get in.
_ Nekesa Mumbi Moody _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nekesamumbi .
TAYLOR SETS TWEETERS ATWITTER
Did Taylor Swift just launch World War III?
After Swift broke into a faux British accent during her Grammy-opening performance, several One Direction fans took to Twitter to voice their disdain at the apparent dig at one of the singer’s former flames, One Direction member (and native Brit) Harry Styles.
The English-accented flourish came when Swift started speaking in the middle of an “Alice in Wonderland”-like performance of her Grammy-nominated song “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
Reaction was swift.
“Did Taylor Swift just do an English accent?” director Judd Apatow tweeted immediately after it happened.
_ Derrik J. Lang _ Twitter: http://twitter.com/derrikjlang
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- DOJ investigates Norfolk parade float critical of Obama
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Eric Holder on Palin: 'She wasn't a particularly good vice presidential candidate'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- NASCAR TV contract back to NBC in 2015, leaving ESPN, Turner Sports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs