- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
SHOW BITS: What? .fun not young, Adele not cool?
Question of the Day
QUICKQUOTE: BONNIE RAITT
“I was up against all these guys who had much bigger records and a bigger splash. It makes an old girl feel good.” _ 63-year-old singer-songwriter Bonnie Raitt, who earned her 10th career Grammy in the best Americana album category for “Slipstream,” beating out a field that included Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers and The Avett Brothers.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://twitter.com/bethharrisap
QUICKQUOTE: TAYLOR SWIFT
“So he calls me up and he’s like, `I still love you.’ And I’m like, `I’m sorry, I’m busy opening up the Grammys.’” _ Taylor Swift, during her show-opening performance of her Grammy-nominated song “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
_ Anthony McCartney _ http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP
KIMBRA WAS THE CHARM
After Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” won the Grammy for best pop duo/group performance, he revealed that Kimbra wasn’t his first, or even his second, choice for the song.
He had already gone through two female singers for the track and was waiting on another vocalist when “she called out.”
“I built so much expectation with that vocalist that I was feeling a little crushed,” he said backstage after collecting the Grammy.
It came down to Kimbra to sing on the song that was recorded in her apartment. It was last year’s biggest hit.
As for the unnamed singer, Gotye said she makes wonderful music on her own and “shouldn’t be mad.”
Gotye also won the Grammy for best alternative music album for “Making Mirrors.”
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq