- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles embattled Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A ‘Pride Month’ for everybody
Question of the Day
Your recent editorial noted that Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta has been issuing statements “recognizing June as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month” and looking for opportunities to allow servicemen to march in ‘pride parades’ in uniform” (“The Gay Scouts of America,” Jan. 31).
In the interest of equality, I would like to propose that July be recognized as “Traditional Marriage Pride Month,” August as “Freedom of Religion Pride Month,” September as “Jewish Pride Month,” October as “Catholics Protecting the Sanctity of Life Pride Month,” and so on.
Silver Spring, Md.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Get Breaking Alerts
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Washington Post to readers: Send us your gun violence stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death