- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A ‘Pride Month’ for everybody
Question of the Day
Your recent editorial noted that Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta has been issuing statements “recognizing June as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month” and looking for opportunities to allow servicemen to march in ‘pride parades’ in uniform” (“The Gay Scouts of America,” Jan. 31).
In the interest of equality, I would like to propose that July be recognized as “Traditional Marriage Pride Month,” August as “Freedom of Religion Pride Month,” September as “Jewish Pride Month,” October as “Catholics Protecting the Sanctity of Life Pride Month,” and so on.
Silver Spring, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report