- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A ‘Pride Month’ for everybody
Your recent editorial noted that Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta has been issuing statements “recognizing June as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month” and looking for opportunities to allow servicemen to march in ‘pride parades’ in uniform” (“The Gay Scouts of America,” Jan. 31).
In the interest of equality, I would like to propose that July be recognized as “Traditional Marriage Pride Month,” August as “Freedom of Religion Pride Month,” September as “Jewish Pride Month,” October as “Catholics Protecting the Sanctity of Life Pride Month,” and so on.
Silver Spring, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers