- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
GRAMMY PREZ ON CLOTHING COVER-UP
Question of the Day
The Recording Academy’s president says this year’s great clothing cover-up kerfuffle was “much ado about nothing.”
A memo from CBS surfaced earlier this week advising Grammy participants to avoid wearing see-through clothing and to make sure “buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered” during the show’s broadcast.
“For some reason people thought this was something new or different or even foreboding as far as being restrictive,” Neil Portnow said backstage after the show.
What was outlined in the memo was simply the standard the show has followed every year for at least a decade, he said.
What’s more, he added, every TV network has to communicate its standards and practices to anyone appearing on its shows.
Jennifer Lopez and Kelly Rowland, who both wore only slightly revealing outfits, joked about the memo.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://twitter.com/bethharrisap
EDITOR’S NOTE _ Show Bits brings you the 55th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors