- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time at the Grammys
Question of the Day
“I built so much expectation with that vocalist that I was feeling a little crushed,” he said backstage after collecting the Grammy.
It came down to Kimbra to sing on the song that was recorded in her apartment. It was last year’s biggest hit.
As for the unnamed singer, Gotye said she makes wonderful music on her own and “shouldn’t be mad.”
Gotye also won the Grammy for best alternative music album for “Making Mirrors.”
_ Mesfin Fekadu _ Twitter http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin
DRESSING ROOM MATES
Kelly Clarkson is in good company backstage at the Grammys.
The original “American Idol” champion, who’s performing at Sunday’s ceremony, posted a photo to Instagram of her dressing room door, which featured the names of her roommates: Alicia Keys and Miranda Lambert.
“Our dressing room rules!” wrote the “Stronger” singer.
Clarkson later uploaded photos of her glam squad curling her hair, as well as a close-up of her glittery custom nail polish.
“Should we call it `Stronger’?” she asked.
_ Derrik J. Lang _ Twitter: http://twitter.com/derrikjlang
QUICKQUOTE: FRANK OCEAN
TWT Video Picks
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world