- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
SHOW BITS: Projection, inspiration and awe
Question of the Day
_ Sandy Cohen _ http://www.twitter.com/APSandy .
CARRIE UNDERWOOD’s PROJECTOR DRESS
Carrie Underwood used the huge skirt of her gray dress as a digital projector during her Grammy Awards performance.
As she sang “Blown Away” and ” Two Black Cadillacs” various images flashed on her dress.
“They can do a lot of amazing things with projectors these days,” she said backstage, holding her trophy for best country solo performance. “We had a dress especially made. I said I should take that home and we can watch movies on it.”
Underwood said she had to stand in a specific spot on the Staples Center stage to make it work.
“It took a lot of precision,” she said.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://twitter.com/bethharrisap
KEEP ON BIEBVIN’
Justin Bieber can’t catch a break.
Not only was the superstar singer not nominated for a Grammy, but a Ustream session that Bieber launched at the same time as the ceremony Sunday to answer questions from fans crashed because it was overloaded. The technical snafu immediately began trending on Twitter, inspiring such popular hashtags as (hash)ThankYouForTryingJustin and (hash)JustinUseRedTube.
Bieber tweeted to fans that “livestream is over capacity it not letting me in the room.” He apparently couldn’t overcome the blunder and later promised to upload a video.
_ Derrik J. Lang _ Twitter: http://twitter.com/derrikjlang
TWT Video Picks
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq