- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Thousands stranded on disabled Carnival cruise ship
No one was injured aboard the ship, but it was adrift off the southern Yucatan Peninsula for an entire day before a tugboat arrived.
The ship has no power, and passengers have been forced to sleep on deck in tents as there is no air conditioning in the cabins. The toilets don’t work either, and passengers have to make do with bags or buckets, The Mail reports.
“It’s a big mess, there’s no power, there’s no toilets, there’s no food — it’s like a bunch of savages on there,” Mr. Nutt told CNN on Monday. “People are fighting over food and stuff — that’s a bunch of savages. It’s ridiculous.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Cardinal Dolan: Pope's remarks on same-sex unions not an endorsement
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Dennis Rodman: 'I won't go back' to North Korea
- Florida's Charlie Crist heaps praise on Obama: 'God bless him'
- N.Y. woman wins lottery with fortune cookie numbers
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared?
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again