- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Intel confirms plans to build TV set-top box
Question of the Day
An Intel executive is confirming that the company is going to sell a set-top box that brings Internet-delivered movies and shows to a TV set.
Erik Huggers, general manager of Intel Media, says the company plans to sell a box that will offer "a vastly superior experience," to today's cable boxes.
Intel Corp. wants the box to be a replacement for cable rather than a complement, like today's Internet-TV boxes.
Rumors of an Intel set-top box and video service emerged last year. Huggers didn't say what the box and service would cost, but says Intel's goal isn't to undercut cable pricing.
Huggers was speaking at the "D: Dive Into Media" conference in Dana Point, Calif.
TWT Video Picks
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq