- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Roddick returns to court with World Team Tennis
NEW YORK, N.Y. (AP) - Andy Roddick is returning to the tennis courts this summer.
Roddick was the first pick by the Springfield, Mo., Lasers in the Mylan World Team Tennis draft on Tuesday.
Sloane Stephens, ranked No. 17 after defeating Serena Williams at the Australian Open, was selected by the Philadelphia Freedoms.
Roddick, who retired after the U.S. Open, says he looks forward to his seventh WTT season and “the fan energy. I love being on a team.”
Venus Williams returns to the defending champion Washington Kastles.
The new WTT team, the Texas Wild, will retain the No. 1 doubles team of Bob and Mike Bryan. The former Kansas City squad has relocated to Irving, Texas.
The eight-team league starts July 7, with the winner of the Eastern and Western Conference facing off in the final July 28.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.