- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Actress Alyson Hannigan obtains restraining order
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge Wednesday granted Alyson Hannigan a temporary restraining order from a man who she claims has repeatedly threatened her and her family in online postings.
The order requires John Hobbs, 43, to stay away from the “How I Met Your Mother” actress and her family, and it orders him to stop posting messages about her online.
Hannigan states in her petition that in the past two months, Hobbs, a New Hampshire resident, has “posted a barrage of threatening messages directed at me and my family on various websites.”
The actress wrote that she has never met Hobbs, but his messages have suggested he will rape her and take her to the “after-life.” Hobbs recently was released from a mental hospital, according to the court filings.
“I am in severe fear for my safety and the safety of my family,” she wrote.
Police in Hobbs’ hometown of Nashua, N.H., contacted him and he acknowledged wanting to meet Hannigan, 38, and visit her in California.
“Hobbs seemed to be living in an alternate reality,” the officer wrote after interviewing him and reviewing his Facebook account.
A phone number registered to Hobbs has been disconnected.
A hearing to extend the restraining order for three years is scheduled for March 6 in Los Angeles. The order also covers Hannigan’s husband, Alexis Denisof, and their children, ages 1 and 3.
Hannigan rose to fame after appearing in the movie “American Pie.” She also starred in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again