- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
Actress Alyson Hannigan obtains restraining order
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge Wednesday granted Alyson Hannigan a temporary restraining order from a man who she claims has repeatedly threatened her and her family in online postings.
The order requires John Hobbs, 43, to stay away from the “How I Met Your Mother” actress and her family, and it orders him to stop posting messages about her online.
The actress wrote that she has never met Hobbs, but his messages have suggested he will rape her and take her to the “after-life.” Hobbs recently was released from a mental hospital, according to the court filings.
“I am in severe fear for my safety and the safety of my family,” she wrote.
“Hobbs seemed to be living in an alternate reality,” the officer wrote after interviewing him and reviewing his Facebook account.
A phone number registered to Hobbs has been disconnected.
A hearing to extend the restraining order for three years is scheduled for March 6 in Los Angeles. The order also covers Hannigan’s husband, Alexis Denisof, and their children, ages 1 and 3.
Hannigan rose to fame after appearing in the movie “American Pie.” She also starred in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- ISIL captured 52 U.S.-made howitzers; artillery weapons cost 500K each
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq