- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Actress Alyson Hannigan obtains restraining order
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge Wednesday granted Alyson Hannigan a temporary restraining order from a man who she claims has repeatedly threatened her and her family in online postings.
The order requires John Hobbs, 43, to stay away from the “How I Met Your Mother” actress and her family, and it orders him to stop posting messages about her online.
The actress wrote that she has never met Hobbs, but his messages have suggested he will rape her and take her to the “after-life.” Hobbs recently was released from a mental hospital, according to the court filings.
“I am in severe fear for my safety and the safety of my family,” she wrote.
“Hobbs seemed to be living in an alternate reality,” the officer wrote after interviewing him and reviewing his Facebook account.
A phone number registered to Hobbs has been disconnected.
A hearing to extend the restraining order for three years is scheduled for March 6 in Los Angeles. The order also covers Hannigan’s husband, Alexis Denisof, and their children, ages 1 and 3.
Hannigan rose to fame after appearing in the movie “American Pie.” She also starred in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014