- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
Carnival cancels 12 cruises after Triumph fire
HOUSTON — Carnival Cruise Lines says it is cancelling another 12 voyages for the disabled ship that is being towed to Alabama after an engine room fire left it powerless at sea.
The cruises aboard the Triumph were to take place from Feb. 21 through April 13. Those cancellations are in addition to two other cruises that were called off shortly after Sunday’s fire.
The company says passengers will be fully refunded and get discounts on future cruises.
There are more than 4,000 people aboard the ship, which is expected to be towed into Mobile on Thursday.
The Triumph has had other mechanical problems recently that delayed a voyage in late January.
Passengers aboard the disabled vessel have reported dismal conditions. Carnival has disputed those claims.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Political satirist and Christian apologist Bob Siegel discusses religion and politics.
White House pets gone wild!