- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Model Kloss wouldn’t miss fashion week ‘reunion’
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Karlie Kloss is a favorite finale model, closing the catwalk again Wednesday at Michael Kors at New York Fashion Week. She did the same the night before, escorting Oscar de la Renta for his bow.
It's these close ties to fashion designers that put her on the red-eye from Los Angeles after the Grammy Awards on Sunday so she could make it to Carolina Herrera's runway bright and early the next morning.
"These are my friends. That's why I got back in time. It's a family reunion at fashion week," Kloss said.
She did have a blast acting as MTV's red-carpet hostess and style expert. "It was really interesting to be on the other side. I got to talk to Jennifer Lopez about her Anthony Vaccarello gown _ and I was in the Anthony Vaccarello show," Kloss said in an interview Tuesday.
"I don't know everything about music, but my knowledge of fashion let me enjoy it all and I could bring that element to it. ... It was full circle, and that made it fun."
Still, Kloss said, while she is still offered runway work, it's her first love. She recently took in a fashion show in Berlin for the first time as a front-row guest. "I'd rather be walking, but the experience did give me a new perspective. I might be a little more aware of what I look like."
Kloss is serving as Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week's fashion ambassador. One of the perks is a new car, which she uses to visit her parents in upstate New York. "You don't need a car in New York _ it's a total luxury."
Don't expect to see her behind the wheel on snow days, though. She's describes herself as a "mediocre driver."
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world