- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
Washington Times sports staff earns four APSE awards
The Washington Times received four Top 10 awards in the 2012 Associated Press Sports Editors contest, including a nod as a Top 10 daily section.
The Times, competing in the 75,000-175,000 circulation category, also earned Top 10 special section honors for its 2012 Redskins season preview in judging conducted this week in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Two Times staffers took home individual awards: Nathan Fenno placed in the Top 10 in project reporting for his ongoing coverage of the long-term toll of concussions in football. Nationals reporter Amanda Comak was among the Top 10 in beat writing for her coverage of a Washington team’s first run to the Major League Baseball playoffs since 1933.
“I am incredibly pleased and incredibly proud that our peers have recognized the quality work we’ve done at The Washington Times,” said Times sports editor Mike Harris. “Our section was recognized, as were individual writers, and I think that speaks volumes.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.