- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Washington Times sports staff earns four APSE awards
The Washington Times received four Top 10 awards in the 2012 Associated Press Sports Editors contest, including a nod as a Top 10 daily section.
The Times, competing in the 75,000-175,000 circulation category, also earned Top 10 special section honors for its 2012 Redskins season preview in judging conducted this week in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Two Times staffers took home individual awards: Nathan Fenno placed in the Top 10 in project reporting for his ongoing coverage of the long-term toll of concussions in football. Nationals reporter Amanda Comak was among the Top 10 in beat writing for her coverage of a Washington team’s first run to the Major League Baseball playoffs since 1933.
“I am incredibly pleased and incredibly proud that our peers have recognized the quality work we’ve done at The Washington Times,” said Times sports editor Mike Harris. “Our section was recognized, as were individual writers, and I think that speaks volumes.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.