- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Eurozone recession deepens, as Germany posts surprising declines
The euro fell to a three-week low against the dollar, just weeks after the 17-nation eurozone reported a deeper drop into recession for the final three months of 2012.
It’s a grim picture for the debt-ridden eurozone, Reuters reports.
Germany, France and Italy all experienced surprisingly big economic contractions at the tail end of 2012, BBC reports. Germany, in fact, the largest economy in the eurozone, saw its output fall 0.6 percent — the farthest in months, BBC reported.
“Comparatively weak foreign trade was the decisive factor for the decline in the economic performance at the end of the year,” one official with Germany’s statistics office said, in the BBC report. “In the final quarter of 2012, exports of goods declined significantly more than imports of goods.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He's a 'scumbag'
- Google floats new contact lens to help blind cross street
- Bill Clinton falls off vegan diet wagon — but not vegan label
- Army treads toward taking some Marine attack helicopter duties
- N.H. Democrat calls for end to anti-adultery law
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes