- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
James Hylton retiring after 50 years of NASCAR
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - James Hylton is retiring after 50 years of NASCAR racing.
Hylton, a 78-year-old driver from Inman, S.C., announced Thursday that this will be his final season behind the wheel.
He says he’s “been thinking about this for quite a while. I’m 78 and the time has come.”
Hylton has made 602 starts in the Sprint Cup Series since his rookie season 1964. He won at Richmond in 1970 and at Talladega two years later. He has made 143 starts in the ARCA Series, all since 1997.
He attempted to qualify for the Daytona 500 in 2007, but failed to finish high enough in a qualifying race.
Hylton made his first start at Daytona International Speedway in 1966. He will make his last one Saturday in the 50th annual ARCA Lucas Oil 200.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again