- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jews for Jesus: Jews or Christians?
Mark Kellner has written a very sympathetic piece on the subject of Jews for Jesus (“An intimate look at the man behind Jews for Jesus,” Web, Thursday). At the outset, Mr. Kellner asserts that Jews generally have regarded the followers of this group as “traitors.” That is patent nonsense. Jews regard these people as Christians.
Calling oneself a Jew for Jesus does not make such an individual a Jew. The whole exercise is nothing but an attempt to convert Jews to Christianity, which virtually all Jews find repugnant. Jews do not react well to attempts to convert them. The Inquisition is never that far removed from their collective memory. Furthermore, they find it offensive to be told that their religion is inferior to Christianity and that they would be better off if they accepted Jesus.
As Benjamin Disraeli famously said when facing anti-Semitic taunts in the English Parliament, “I would remind the right honorable gentleman that when his ancestors were still painting their faces blue, mine were priests in the temple of Solomon.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow