- Spanish journalists kidnapped by al Qaeda group in Syria
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jews for Jesus: Jews or Christians?
Mark Kellner has written a very sympathetic piece on the subject of Jews for Jesus (“An intimate look at the man behind Jews for Jesus,” Web, Thursday). At the outset, Mr. Kellner asserts that Jews generally have regarded the followers of this group as “traitors.” That is patent nonsense. Jews regard these people as Christians.
Calling oneself a Jew for Jesus does not make such an individual a Jew. The whole exercise is nothing but an attempt to convert Jews to Christianity, which virtually all Jews find repugnant. Jews do not react well to attempts to convert them. The Inquisition is never that far removed from their collective memory. Furthermore, they find it offensive to be told that their religion is inferior to Christianity and that they would be better off if they accepted Jesus.
As Benjamin Disraeli famously said when facing anti-Semitic taunts in the English Parliament, “I would remind the right honorable gentleman that when his ancestors were still painting their faces blue, mine were priests in the temple of Solomon.”
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama eulogizes Mandela, calls him 'the last great liberator'
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- NSA monitored 'World of Warcraft' players
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert