Quadruple killer Christopher Dorner is reportedly dead, killed Wednesday in a shootout with police at a cabin in California. So what happens to the $1 million reward money offered by Los Angeles officials?
Nothing, according to one Los Angeles Police Department official.
“There was no capture and no conviction. It’s kind of a no-brainer,” said LAPD Officer Alex Martinez, in a CBS report.
Mr. Dorner was killed, and therefore the terms of the reward were not met, he explained.
A spokesman for Mayor Antonio Villaraignosa is playing more political. Spokesman Peter Sanders said Wednesday that it was too soon to decide whether the reward money — the largest offered in Southern California history — should be given to anyone, CBS reported.
Some top contenders include the couple who reportedly stumbled upon Mr. Dorner, as he hid at their condominium, and a man named Rick Heltebrake, who reported Mr. Dorner stole his truck, CBS reported.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
'Your papers, please' must never be heard in America
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Political satirist and Christian apologist Bob Siegel discusses religion and politics.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
What does the middle-class conservative think about everything? Find out here.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall