- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Negotiations won’t stop nuclear Iran
Question of the Day
How long are we going to fruitlessly continue seeking to negotiate with Iran as the day that it acquires a nuclear weapon comes ever closer (“Consequences of a nuclear Iran,” Commentary, Friday)? If we think that only Israel is threatened, then we are mistaken. Certainly, any ally that we may have in the region will be dominated and subservient to a nuclear Iran.
Iran has shown during the past 34 years that it is willing to commit terror internationally using surrogates, usually Hezbollah. The bombing of our Marine barracks in Lebanon, our embassies in numerous countries and the murders of Jewish citizens in Argentina should be enough evidence of Iran’s ability to commit atrocities and its lack of guilt.
One nuclear bomb smuggled into the United States by an Iranian-supported organization will be a wake-up call that would make the events of Sept. 11, 2001, pale in comparison. Apparently, the Obama administration and, in particular one with Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense, would not be alarmed.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Matt Kibbe
Get Breaking Alerts
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death