- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Negotiations won’t stop nuclear Iran
How long are we going to fruitlessly continue seeking to negotiate with Iran as the day that it acquires a nuclear weapon comes ever closer (“Consequences of a nuclear Iran,” Commentary, Friday)? If we think that only Israel is threatened, then we are mistaken. Certainly, any ally that we may have in the region will be dominated and subservient to a nuclear Iran.
Iran has shown during the past 34 years that it is willing to commit terror internationally using surrogates, usually Hezbollah. The bombing of our Marine barracks in Lebanon, our embassies in numerous countries and the murders of Jewish citizens in Argentina should be enough evidence of Iran’s ability to commit atrocities and its lack of guilt.
One nuclear bomb smuggled into the United States by an Iranian-supported organization will be a wake-up call that would make the events of Sept. 11, 2001, pale in comparison. Apparently, the Obama administration and, in particular one with Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense, would not be alarmed.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama eulogizes Mandela, calls him 'the last great liberator'
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- EDITORIAL: Colorado ruling takes the cake
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report