- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Negotiations won’t stop nuclear Iran
Question of the Day
How long are we going to fruitlessly continue seeking to negotiate with Iran as the day that it acquires a nuclear weapon comes ever closer (“Consequences of a nuclear Iran,” Commentary, Friday)? If we think that only Israel is threatened, then we are mistaken. Certainly, any ally that we may have in the region will be dominated and subservient to a nuclear Iran.
Iran has shown during the past 34 years that it is willing to commit terror internationally using surrogates, usually Hezbollah. The bombing of our Marine barracks in Lebanon, our embassies in numerous countries and the murders of Jewish citizens in Argentina should be enough evidence of Iran’s ability to commit atrocities and its lack of guilt.
One nuclear bomb smuggled into the United States by an Iranian-supported organization will be a wake-up call that would make the events of Sept. 11, 2001, pale in comparison. Apparently, the Obama administration and, in particular one with Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense, would not be alarmed.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages