- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Negotiations won’t stop nuclear Iran
Question of the Day
How long are we going to fruitlessly continue seeking to negotiate with Iran as the day that it acquires a nuclear weapon comes ever closer ("Consequences of a nuclear Iran," Commentary, Friday)? If we think that only Israel is threatened, then we are mistaken. Certainly, any ally that we may have in the region will be dominated and subservient to a nuclear Iran.
Iran has shown during the past 34 years that it is willing to commit terror internationally using surrogates, usually Hezbollah. The bombing of our Marine barracks in Lebanon, our embassies in numerous countries and the murders of Jewish citizens in Argentina should be enough evidence of Iran's ability to commit atrocities and its lack of guilt.
One nuclear bomb smuggled into the United States by an Iranian-supported organization will be a wake-up call that would make the events of Sept. 11, 2001, pale in comparison. Apparently, the Obama administration and, in particular one with Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense, would not be alarmed.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'