- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Report: J&J recalls thousands of hip implants
BERLIN (AP) - A German newspaper reports that Johnson & Johnson is recalling thousands of hip implants 2 1/2 years after a similar recall.
Handelsblatt reports that the Adept implants made by J&J’s subsidiary DePuy Orthopaedics showed a failure rate of 12 percent after seven years. It said some 7,500 of the implants were shipped worldwide between 2004 and 2011.
Johnson & Johnson representatives in Germany and the United States didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.
Germany’s Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices on Thursday confirmed it had received a notice from Johnson & Johnson about the recall.
In August 2010, J&J recalled two types of DePuy ASR metal hip implants after they were linked to high failure rates. J&J has had more than 30 other product recalls since 2009.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014