- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
OSCARS: WHY BEN AFFLECK’S SNUB LEAVES A TWO-MAN RACE FOR BEST DIRECTOR
While everyone else in the race has a strike against them, Steven Spielberg and Ang Lee seem to be drawing the most voter support.
GRAMMY AWARDS CRASHER VITALII SEDIUK REVEALS HOW HE DID IT
“I’m not a crazy guy,” says the man who nearly accepted Adele’s Grammy on her behalf. “I just think differently.”
CALIFORNIA STATE SENATOR WANTS REALITY TV SAFETY PROBE IN WAKE OF HELICOPTER CRASH
Ted W. Lieu tells THR that he plans to push for formal hearings into whether safety standards are adequate during shoots.
HUGH JACKMAN ON HIS SURPRISING HOLLYWOOD BFFS AND MOTHER’S ABANDONMENT
In THR’s cover story, the first-time Oscar nominee defends the “caring and thoughtful” Rupert Murdoch, says Tony Robbins suggested he name the dueling sides of his personality — “Frank was the more confident, and Charles was the other” — and opens up about the emotional scars he suffered as a child.
DAMAGE ASSESSMENT: NBC’S FIRST-TO-FOURTH FREE FALL
A historic flop in “Do No Harm,” chaos on “Up All Night” and a schedule full of holes have insiders (and Brian Williams) grumbling about how to right the ship.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq