- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter's list of its 10 best stories of the week:
OSCARS: WHY BEN AFFLECK'S SNUB LEAVES A TWO-MAN RACE FOR BEST DIRECTOR
While everyone else in the race has a strike against them, Steven Spielberg and Ang Lee seem to be drawing the most voter support.
GRAMMY AWARDS CRASHER VITALII SEDIUK REVEALS HOW HE DID IT
"I'm not a crazy guy," says the man who nearly accepted Adele's Grammy on her behalf. "I just think differently."
CALIFORNIA STATE SENATOR WANTS REALITY TV SAFETY PROBE IN WAKE OF HELICOPTER CRASH
Ted W. Lieu tells THR that he plans to push for formal hearings into whether safety standards are adequate during shoots.
HUGH JACKMAN ON HIS SURPRISING HOLLYWOOD BFFS AND MOTHER'S ABANDONMENT
In THR's cover story, the first-time Oscar nominee defends the "caring and thoughtful" Rupert Murdoch, says Tony Robbins suggested he name the dueling sides of his personality -- "Frank was the more confident, and Charles was the other" -- and opens up about the emotional scars he suffered as a child.
DAMAGE ASSESSMENT: NBC'S FIRST-TO-FOURTH FREE FALL
A historic flop in "Do No Harm," chaos on "Up All Night" and a schedule full of holes have insiders (and Brian Williams) grumbling about how to right the ship.
TV PILOTS: WHAT THE NETWORK ORDERS REVEAL ABOUT CURRENT FAILURES
Broadcast networks pin hopes on big names like J.J. Abrams, Michael J. Fox and Joss Whedon after a grim ratings season.
KEVIN SMITH, INDUSTRY VOICES DEBATE `STAR WARS' OVERKILL
As Disney's Bob Iger reveals plans for spinoffs, Smith says "Every old-school fan will line up for a Yoda origin story."
SHOULD L.A.'S SOHO HOUSE WATCH ITS BACK?
41 Ocean opens with ex-William Morris Agency chief Jim Wiatt as an investor as still others attempt to create another private club.
JAMES FRANCO HASN'T BOTHERED TO ANSWER DEFAMATION LAWSUIT
The NYU professor suing the actor asks for a default judgment.
`HARRY POTTER'S' RUPERT GRINT TO STAR IN CBS' GREG GARCIA COMEDY `SUPER CLYDE'
He'll make his small-screen series regular debut in the title role of the CBS Television Studios comedy.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world