- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Vacationing kids called back to school for Obama’s planned visit
President Obama’s scheduled visit to an Atlanta-area school on Thursday came at a time when the children were on winter break.
But no worries. The school has sent out a note to parents calling the kids back to class, according to a report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
College Heights Principal Suzanne Kennedy sent a note to parents about Mr. Obama’s planned visit to the College Heights Early Childhood Learning Center in Decatur, the report said. In the note, Ms. Kennedy said the school’s pre-K and Head Start programs would accommodate the president by reconvening class for the day.
“President Obama’s visit is an honor,” she wrote. “President Obama’s visit promises to be an amazing opportunity for our students to expand their worlds and for Decatur to celebrate its exemplary teaching and learning.”
The school is “offering a one-day experience” for the students, and providing a “normal school day: same bus, routes and times, same school beginning and end times, regular instructional day with the same staff,” Ms. Kennedy said, in the AJC report.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Netanyahu's driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Psychologist blasts youth sports league's 'everybody wins' mantra
- Sports league's 'everybody wins' mantra hits psycbologist's hackles
- Angry Japan politician insists Obamas to divorce: It's an 'open secret'
- Gov. Rick Perry: 'It's not a dare, it's a promise'; Texas will fight BLM
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014