- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
Alabama bars arrested players from campus
TUSCULOOSA, ALA. (AP) - The University of Alabama has barred three football players from campus after their arrest on robbery charges.
University spokeswoman Deborah Lane said Friday the players are suspended from school pending a judicial review expected to be done by late next week.
Eddie Williams, Tyler Hayes and D.J. Pettway have been charged in separate robberies of two students on campus early Monday morning.
Court records show Williams and Hayes have admitted to the crimes.
All three players were indefinitely suspended from the football team. Teammate Brent Calloway, also suspended indefinitely, is charged with fraudulent use of a credit card for using a debit card stolen from one of the students. He isn’t barred from campus.
Williams‘ attorney has asked a judge to let the player return home to Panama City, Fla.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.