- Dems’ new bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
Alabama bars arrested players from campus
Question of the Day
TUSCULOOSA, ALA. (AP) - The University of Alabama has barred three football players from campus after their arrest on robbery charges.
University spokeswoman Deborah Lane said Friday the players are suspended from school pending a judicial review expected to be done by late next week.
Eddie Williams, Tyler Hayes and D.J. Pettway have been charged in separate robberies of two students on campus early Monday morning.
Court records show Williams and Hayes have admitted to the crimes.
All three players were indefinitely suspended from the football team. Teammate Brent Calloway, also suspended indefinitely, is charged with fraudulent use of a credit card for using a debit card stolen from one of the students. He isn’t barred from campus.
Williams‘ attorney has asked a judge to let the player return home to Panama City, Fla.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world