- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Bob Barker urges NC senators to oppose possum bill
Question of the Day
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Former game show host Bob Barker is telling North Carolina lawmakers that caging a live possum for a New Year’s Eve event in the mountains isn’t good show business.
Barker wrote this week to a state Senate committee’s members asking them to oppose a bill that would let the organizer of the Brasstown “Possum Drop” keep suspending a possum in a box every Dec. 31 and lowering it gently to the ground.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals complained about the event. A judge ruled state regulators don’t have explicit authority to permit the display. A House bill approved this week would change that.
Barker says the event is inhumane and that loopholes for animal abuse shouldn’t be created.
PETA released the letter. The 89-year-old Barker is a longtime animal rights activist.
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors