- Arkansas voter ID law struck down by state judge
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Bad omen? Italian man crushed to death by John Paul II crucifix
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
- Girl surprises Michelle Obama with unemployed dad’s resume
- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
Carnival cruise ship docks; 4,000 passengers head for home
A Carnival cruise nightmare for 4,000 passengers has finally come to an end, as the ship — after five days disabled at sea — pulled into a Mobile, Ala., dock late Thursday evening.
“This was my first and my last cruise,” said one passenger, in a USA Today report, who stepped from the ship and promptly kissed the ground.
Passengers had only words of praise for the crew, according to various media reports.
The ship had been stranded at sea in the Gulf of Mexico since Sunday, after a fire in the engine room cut power. Food was scarce, toilets backed up, and passengers described feces and urine on the floors, in various media reports. In the ensuing heat, the odor was horrific, described one passenger, on Fox News.
Carnival will be refunding passengers the cost of the trip, Fox News reports. The cruise line has taken a substantial financial hit; since Monday, company stocks fell 3.7 percent, Fox News said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- good to go test
- another test dont post this please
- Russia poised to ban curse words in movies, concerts
- USF decrees: No onstage selfies during graduation ceremonies
- test do not post
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Only IRS employees could expect rewards for failing to pay their taxes
- Holder cancels appearance in OKC amid angry protests
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Gun control supporters send message to NRA
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014