- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Colorado parents upset with ‘Students of Color’-only tutoring program
Question of the Day
No white students allowed. That’s the message that a principal from Mission Viejo Elementary school sent with the “Students of Color” tutoring program. Parents complained, and CBS Denver began an investigation, which resulted in the district apologizing for the segregation.
“We have come so far in all of these years to show everybody that everyone is equal, that everyone should be treated equally. … This is a form of bullying,” parent Nicole Cox told CBS Denver. Ms. Cox has a daughter who needs tutoring.
The school’s principal, Andre Pearson, declined an on-camera interview with the television, but tried to clarify the program’s guidelines after the uproar. Over the phone to Ms. Cox during the segment, he said that “if there is space,” than white students would have been allowed.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Suspect in beating death of USC student lived in U.S. illegally 7 years, feds say
- China: PLA's next generation long-rang ballistic missile is here
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Army's upcoming tracer rounds will light up the night while leaving enemies in the dark
- German general assigned as U.S. Army Europe's new chief of staff
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors